Social Compliance Specialist / Senior Specialist – Training & Capability Building
Reports to: Training & Capability Building Manager
Location: Shenzhen, China
Traveling: Mainly within Guangdong Province, several times per year in other provinces, occasionally in Asian countries
ICTI CARE seeks to appoint a Social Compliance Specialist or Senior Specialist – Training & Capability Building to support the training function for factories and auditing firms, as well as the capability building programs with factories. This role requires solid knowledge and experience on social compliance and fluency in English. The job title would be provided depending on the expertise and experience of the applicant.
ICTI CARE was established in 2004 to protect workers involved in toy manufacturing and to help manufacturers increase their understanding and capability in regard to meeting the international standards required by their buyers. We are 100% committed to promoting safe and fair working conditions throughout the toy industry supply chain. Our first priority is always the safety and well-being of workers.
We work with thousands of brands, retailers, suppliers and other civil society groups to monitor, manage and fix social sustainability issues in the toy industry supply chain across the world and to protect and improve labor standards.
Over 1,100 toy factories, located in 10 countries, are ICTI CARE Certified, representing more than 600,000 workers. Our Committed Brands PLUS program offers toy and entertainment brands a range of tools and support for responsible sourcing.
Social Compliance Specialist / Senior Specialist – Training & Capability Building with the Training & Capability Building Manager and other team members to support implementation of training events and other capability building programs.
- Help to prepare and refine training materials
- Conduct factory training and auditor training in China and overseas countries (mainly in Asia)
- Conduct online trainings / webinars
- Participate special case investigation in factories
- Work with factories on remediation and continuous improvement;
- Help to answer factory enquiries on ICP requirements etc.
- Participate other worker engagement initiatives and programs
Skills & Experiences
- At least 3 years solid experience on Social Compliance auditing, familiarity with ICTI CARE Process would be an advantage;
- More years on Social Compliance management, project management, training etc. would be an advance;
- Fluent spoken and written English (Cantonese would be a plus);
- Can-do attitude, self-motivated, high ethical standards, energetic;
- Team orientated with excellent communications skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Attention to details and good organizational, coordination and planning skills
- Proficiency in Power Point and graphic design will be an advance
- Degree holder in Social Science, Law, EHS, English, International Trading or related discipline
Please send a CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the above job requirements and why you want to join our team at ICTI CARE. Applications and other inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.